Friday, December 19, 2014

The start of our new journey.

Hi there, I'm nelly's mom. I am a proud mom that stays at home with my lovey daughter that I gave birth to on August 1st 2014. I remember the day I gave birth to her so well like it was only yesterday. Though it was not that long ago, but still precious moment. My water broke around 4:00 am I thought I was just peeing because I rushed to the washroom so fast that my water just ended up in the toilet. So I wasn't too sure if that was my water or not. I ended up trying to go back to sleep but my lower stomach started hurting a lot . I thought it was just regular pain because I been having cramps for a couple days before. The pain was getting stronger and stronger so I woke up nelly's dad to call the hospital. We got to the hospital around 6:00. I got the I.V in and that was annoying. The nurse screwed up putting the needle in and blood squirt from my hand as if I wasn't in enough pain. Oh well the nurse was just trying to help. 
We ended up hanging around and walking around the hospital .

Until around noon, I got my epidural in and I was stuck in bed. 
When you get your epidural in you can't eat or drink much water. So I just ended up on my phone and falling asleep here and there. The nurses would be beside me monitoring the unborn baby. I wasn't too sure what was going on but until around 4:45 they started to ask me to push . It was horrible. Nurses told me to push to get the baby out as soon as possible. 

During the pushing was horrible. It hurt so much but it wasn't as bad as people make it seem. I did ended up passing out . I don't remember anything after I told a nurse to shut up. (Oops) she was being really annoying ,Haha . Nelly daddy said I was like gone, he said that I would only wake up to push and rest and wake up to push again. He said I had no responses when he was calling for me and that i wasn't me anymore.

After 2 hours of all that. I finally woke up for the last 2 push which was the shoulder part of nelly needed to come out. I had a suction cup to suck her out as the extra help. But she was finally 
Right when she came out the nurses put he on my chest for skin to skin time. It was amazing.

No one ever told me after you deliver the baby you need to deliver the placenta. Which was the last contraction. Delivering it still hurt but it was a piece of cake after delivering the Nelly. 

Apparently I had intense bleeding inside so the doctors had to push the blood out of my stomach . They had to squish my lower stomach several times to get the blood out . 

Around 11 o'clock at night I had no idea what was going on but I learned that nelly had a blood infection so we were going down to our room to stay. Nelly's had to stay at the NICU. She had to leave me to be taken care of. When I got to my room and settled the first thing I wanted to do was to go there to see my baby. 

Seeing her all hooked up like this was so heart breaking. It was for the better though. We couldn't have much visitors in the NICU so we only had our family come see her in the hospital. 

Nelly daddy and I stayed at the hospital for 3 days and had to leave nelly at the hospital. We came visit everyday and it was hard to leave her everytime. She stayed there for around 8 days. 

On the 8th day she was ready to come home. We were so excited. 

Best moment ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment